Public Relations Account Director
Recently named a 2017 PRWeek Awards finalist in the Outstanding Boutique Agency category, BRG Communications is the creative force behind bold communications campaigns, powerful messages, and shifts in social and behavioral change. We deliver success for clients through innovative strategies and seamless execution to ignite the passion of target audiences and drive results.
Based in Alexandria (Old Town) VA, BRG Communications brings together dedicated, self-starters who challenge each other to deliver the highest quality work for our clients through an engaging and collaborative team environment. Our team approach ensures that we deliver quality, innovative work and exceptional results while also maintaining a supportive and fulfilling environment where top-talent can grow and thrive.
BRG is currently seeking a seasoned PR professional for the position of Account Director.
Desired Skills & Experience:
– 10+ years of relevant experience, ideally in an agency environment.
– Highly-motivated team player capable of fostering creativity and innovation while also leading account teams to reach exceptional goals in a client-facing role.
– Expertise in one or more of the following: consumer awareness and education, corporate social responsibility, cause marketing or influencer relations.
– Experience in one or more of the following industries, food/nutrition, retail, consumer products, healthcare or education.
– Proven track record of creating, managing and implementing integrated campaigns that incorporate earned, paid and digital strategies.
– Manage a diverse client portfolio of large, mid-size and small accounts.
– Maintain client relationships by managing day-to-day account activity, providing strategic client counsel and presenting BRG as reliable and trusted partner at all times.
– Develop strategic client positioning, integrated communications programs and proactive account planning to retain client roster and identify opportunities for incremental growth.
– Manage team on tactical program execution, messaging and content development, innovative and creative plan development, media relations, industry trend spotting, social strategy, competitor/industry analysis and reporting, and event management.
– Oversee and identify staff development opportunities for team members.
– Proactively build relationships with media, online influencers, professional associations, vendor partners and other relevant external audiences.
– Manage client budgets, planning and strategic direction and project management.
– Accurate and timely client relations, team and vendor management.
Full-Time Public Relations Intern
We are looking for a full-time paid intern to work in our DC-Metro area public relations agency.
Candidate will be responsible for the support of individual account teams in providing top quality service for our clients. This includes handling a variety of projects and tasks including administrative support, research, writing, and media relations, including:
– Tracking media and managing clip books
– Conducting industry research for media interview preparation
– Researching trade shows and speaking opportunities
– Assisting with business development research
– Updating client media lists using Cision
– Assisting with consumer and trade media relations
– Providing administrative and reception area support
– A recent college graduate or current undergraduate student with a strong interest in the field of public relations
– Excellent oral and written communications skills
– Strong administrative skills
– Ability to multi-task, manage deadlines, and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
– Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
– Solid computer skills
– Previous internship experience is preferred
Please complete the form below and a BRG team member will contact you shortly. If you’d prefer to reach us by telephone, please dial (703) 739-8350. Thank you for your time and interest.