Global Integrated Awareness Campaign
Global & Local Reach
Throughout the campaign, 208 awareness events were held in 71 countries, a 60% increase over the prior year.
– More than 111.9 million steps were logged for the Globe-athon STEPtember Pledge, providing a simple unifying action people could take to help raise awareness of gynecologic cancers.
The website experienced a 30% increase in unique visitors over previous years with Facebook serving as the #1 referrer of traffic to the website.
– Globe-athon’s Facebook page increased to more than 100,000 followers compared to the previous year – a nearly 3,000% increase.
– The website generated a large volume of useful in-bound user-generated content ranging from videos, to images, to blog posts.
– Reached 11.6 million people with messages on Facebook and Twitter, a 4,317% increase from the prior year.
Partnerships, Media & Brand Engagement
– Leveraged 156 relationships with partners, event hosts, advocacy groups, and advisory board members, providing consistent support including social media content, event host toolkits, posters, postcards, local news release templates, and more.
– Organically recruited 11 brand ambassadors, who wrote blog posts sharing personal stories, hosted events, and evangelized on behalf of the movement.
– Secured significant high-profile national, international and local market media placements, such as Everyday Health, Fox News Radio, Voice of America, AllAfrica, El Dia.es, China Daily, and Sirius Satellite Radio’s Doctor Radio.