08 Apr Should Your Brand Use New Social Networks?
Posted at 14:30h in Insights, Social Media
As we reflect on our experience at Social Media Marketing World hosted by Social Media Examiner, we are sharing 10 takeaways from the conference over ten days.
Takeaway 6: New social media networks and tools should be treated with caution
Social marketers really love new social media networks and tools, but they are (rightfully) cautious about adopting them for brand purposes. Ello, the social media darling of 2014 has gone into obscurity. Likewise, SXSW’s 2015 social media flame Meerkat seems to have been overshadowed by Twitter’s new live-streaming application Periscope. You may see a brand or two jump headfirst into using new tools, but most marketers will wait and watch before investing company resources in new platforms.
You might also like:
- Social Media Marketing World Takeaway #1: Repurpose Social Media Content [Tips]
- Social Media Marketing World Takeaway #2: Use These Tricks To Develop Better Content
- Social Media Marketing World Takeaway #3: Should Your Brand Outsource Content Creation?
- Social Media Marketing World Takeaway #4: What Is Your Brand’s Perfect Social Media Content Mix?
- Social Media Marketing World Takeaway #5: What Brands Need To Know About Native Video
- Social Media Marketing World Takeaway #7: 3 Google Analytics Tips for Communicators